5 Deadly Mistakes That Affiliates Make - A Quiz
Some people are making big money with affiliate programs-some are not. With a little research I have discovered that the people that are not cashing many checks are making the same five mistakes. Why not take a short quiz to see how you rate? Do you qualify as a novice, average, or super affiliate? Try this true and false quiz. You might learn something!
1. To make sure that you get all of the traffic you need, all you have to do is to put a link or banner on your site. Sales will come flooding in. (T or F)
2. It is a good idea to promote as many programs as you can on one web page created solely for that purpose. (T or F)
3. Free classified ads and FFA's generate sufficient traffic. You don't HAVE to invest money into advertising to be effective. (T or F)
4. Use the words, "amazing, fantastic, and incredible" as many times as you can to generate enthusiasm when advertising a site. (T or F)
5. If sales do not come immediately, you should drop the program and find another one that sounds better. (T or F)
How did you do? Let's see?
1. False. Although a smart affiliate will include his link on his web site, this alone will not result in much traffic. It is much smarter to branch out with several kinds of advertising such as paid emails and solo ads to business opportunity seekers. I have found that sending my ads to targeted traffic results in far more sales than "shot gun" marketing to one and all. Although we hope that people will click on our links, we have to get them there first. Targeted traffic programs are best.
2. False. While being actively involved in several different affiliate programs is not harmful, including a dozen affiliate links on a single page with no "main" product advertisment, brands the webmasters as amateurs-especially if the offers conflict with one another! On the other hand, a list of "resources" to the side that complements the main product is a good idea-and may result in sales!
3. False. Although these "freebies" may sound tempting to newbies, we that have been around the net for awhile have discovered that they are generally a waste of valuable time. Using that time to write articles with urls in the signature boxes or gaining testimonials for your site is more profitable. Actually, most super affiliates are willing to invest a few bucks to be successful. Paid email programs and solo ads are inexpensive and still effective. Many good programs will let you begin with as little as ten bucks. That's less than the cost of a decent lunch!
4. False. Using these "hype" phrases when advertising may not generate as much enthusiasm as it does skepticism. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. We know this. So, tell the truth. If you have a good product, then tell your potential customer how he can benefit. Then let him decide how "amazing" it is. If it really is so awesome, then testimonials will do the real advertising.
5. False. Big mistake! Give the program some time. DON'T give up quickly. While it's not a bad idea to test out new programs, don't jump from program to program. You'll find that legitimate programs with good products will pay off if you are patient.
Your score: 2 or less correct. Right now, you are in the NOVICE rating. Your affiliate marketing skills need to be honed. But don't despair! You need help and there are lots of terrific techniques out there that are just what you need to achieve that affiliate income that you've always wanted!!
3-4 correct. You are an AVERAGE affiliate. You have obviously been around affiliate marketing awhile, but you could use a refresher course. I highly recommend finding a pro to learn from! Before long, you too will be a SUPER AFFILIATE!
All 5 correct: You are a SUPER affiliate! Keep up the good work and don't forget that the best affiliate marketers NEVER stop learning!
What affiliate program do I recommend personally? Well...
mine, of course!
Smart Author Software. People are making money.
(See? No hype. Just the facts.)
Kristi Sayles, software creator and author of numerous articles published in high profile success magazines such as Executive Update, Home Business Journal, Home Business Connection, Inet Exec, and Cutting Edge Opportunities is a freelance writer/teacher in Camden, TN. She invites everyone to take a look at her online newsletter at smartauthor.com/treasures.html">http://smartauthor.com/treasures.html. You can find out how to sign up to be an affiliate of her writing software program collection - making 50% right now! ($98.50 at the time of this writing.)
A slew of new economic data has hit the tape ahead of Wednesday s opening bell in addition to big names in the Retail sector continuing to report quarterly earnings results Retail Sales Productivity and Unit Labor Costs along with the latest Empire State Index join earnings results
As the U.S.-China trade war escalates, a growing number of analysts and organizations have increased warnings that further trade tensions could dent economic growth, consumer spending, and investment flows globally—all of which could curtail the world’s oil demand growth. Robust oil demand, geopolitical tensions,
U S stock index futures recorded solid gains ahead of market open on Tuesday as the Turkish lira staged a rebound After hitting an all time low and falling to 7 24 per dollar on Monday the Turkish lira finally rebounded rising more than 4 The Turkish lira had been under pressure that had
The rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran is becoming increasingly evident in the oil pricing policies of the two large Middle Eastern producers. The two countries are currently reigniting the market share and pricing war ahead of the returning U.S. sanctions on Iranian oil. Saudi Arabia, OPEC’s largest producer,
U S stock index futures wobbled ahead of market open on Monday as the Turkish lira continued to slide Last week s concerns over Turkey s economy continued to weigh on shares of major U S lenders leading to huge selloffs in global equity markets The Turkish lira fell as much as 20 at
U S stock index futures fell sharply lower on Friday as geopolitical conflicts between the United States and Russia as well as with Turkey dented investor s confidence Moreover prolonged trade war fears with China continue to dampen market sentiments On Aug 8 the U S government imposed
Understanding how to uniquely manage each client during periods of market volatility is a major issue for advisory firms. So, when you have the capability to predict each client’s reactions in advance of market movements, communication is straightforward, as you will understand their reactions to the mood of the
Would an economic metric that looks at GDP per employee be useful to guage the economy? What clues could it provide on the health of the economy? The St. Louis Fed posted in part: Some underlying long-term trends in the U.S. economy may blur our understanding of the current situation. Specifically,
U S stock index futures inched marginally higher on Thursday as robust second quarter 2018 earnings results lifted investor s confidence to step aside lingering trade conflict between the United States and China U S corporates have so far posted better than expected quarterly results After
The EIA just revised down its forecast for U.S. oil production growth for 2018, an acknowledgement that pipeline constraints are slowing output gains in the Permian basin. The EIA believes the U.S. will average 10.68 million barrels per day (mb/d) this year, down 0.11 mb/d from last month’s estimate. It also
U S stock index futures were lower on Wednesday as global trade war fears continue to dent investor confidence despite a robust second quarter 2018 earnings season On Aug 7 the U S Trade Representative s office published a list of 279 Chinese import product lines which will be subject of
Bitcoin was created in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis that wreaked havoc on the world economy, but it hasn’t quite had the chance to prove itself since. The fact is, stock markets have been doing well. Really well. Especially in the U.S. But now, some analysts are beginning to sound the alarms. U.S. Stock
U S stock index futures were higher on Tuesday buoyed by strong earnings which overshadowed trade war fears So far 410 S amp P 500 members have already reported their quarterly results Total earnings for these companies are up 24 9 from the same period last year on 10 1 higher
By Spin Off Insights BySpin Off Insights Introduction PayPal was built in the early days by a group of Silicon Valley icons Peter Thiel Max Levchin Elon Musk and Reid Hoffman among others collectively referred to as the PayPal Mafia After being part of eBay
By Spin Off Insights BySpin Off Insights Introduction PayPal PYPL was built in the early days by a group of Silicon Valley icons Peter Thiel Max Levchin Elon Musk and Reid Hoffman among others collectively referred to as the PayPal Mafia After