5 Ways to Start And Promote Your Affiliate Program
"What's the Buzz About?"
"I made $5,000 in one week"
"I quit my job and spend more time with my kids"
It sounds too good to be true, but if you're serious about working from home and you don't have a lot of money to start than keep reading?
"What IS an Affiliate?"
Basically, an Affiliate is an individual that is willing to market and promote another company in exchange for a commission.
An affiliate is NOT an employee of the company. There are no guarantees of earnings in most cases, and there are various methods of determining payments.
In most cases, the company presents the affiliate with a link to its site that has a special code. When this link is promoted and customers click on that link, the company can trace any sales or leads back to the affiliate. Commissions can be made either way depending on the nature of the business. Good affiliate programs will offer a period of time in which, if the customer does not purchase the first time, but comes back within that period (even through another link) the original affiliate gets the credit.
"How Do I Choose a Program?"
Typing "affiliate program" or "affiliate program directory" into a search engine will give you millions of suggestions. Some directories can give you advice or recommendations. If you are new to affiliate programs, it may be wise to stick with the free applications. Don't worry, many, if not most, are free to join.
Select a program you are interested in yourself. If feasible, try the product or service personally. It always makes for a better sale if you can give personal testimony to the offer. Try testing its popularity by checking the 'keywords' at Overture, http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/. By typing the words you think a person interested in your product or service would use when searching, you can see how many people have actually searched for it.
"How Do I Promote It?"
1) List your company (being sure to use your affiliate link) in free classifieds. Again, these are easily found in the search engines. Try for 20 and keep adding on.
2) Determine who your market is?business people? Mothers? Car enthusiasts? Or those interested in health and fitness? Look for forums (public chat areas) or sites that cater to these individuals. Forums are great for connecting with people and building rapport, but be very cautious. Read some of the posts before making one of your own. In many cases there are strict rules about advertising, and you should respect that. View it as a social gathering and keep it light. This is where a personal recommendation would go over much better.
3) Write an article about the topic. A brief article 500-1000 words is perfect. Avoid advertising too blatantly. Some ezine (Electionic Magazine) submission directories will not allow articles that are too obvious. Creating a 'How To' or '10 Ways to?' would be a good way to start. You can then either incorporate your affiliate link in the article, or more likely, at the end when you create your author's credits. Submit your article to ezine directories (try for at least 50). For more information on writing ezines go to http://affiliate-start.com/ezine1.htm.
4) Join a traffic exchange program like TrafficSwarm. You can join for free and create a classified style add with a link to your site. By clicking other people's links you will collect points. Your points will mean your ad is being shown to others in the program who will view it. To see how it works go to http://www.trafficswarm.com/go.cgi?287887.
5) Search for newsletters catering to your market (see #2). Search for "business newsletter" etc. Subscribe to several and if you feel they are appropriate, contact them offering either your article for their use, or to check out the process for advertising in their newsletter. This method can reach thousands of people that have enough interest to subscribe and read a newsletter about that topic.
"A Word To the Wise"
Be very careful to avoid 'spamming'. This means advertising to individuals through their email when they have not given permission. This includes email 'blasting' and safelists. This can potentially include newsletters too, so verify their methods of getting subscribers before advertising.
"Enjoy Your Success"
If you follow these five steps, you should be certain to draw a handsome commission from your chosen program. We wish you success!
Cyprian and Shannon Emmanuel run several online business and share valuable tips and recommendations on starting a home business at www.Affiliate-Start.com">http://www.Affiliate-Start.com.
A slew of new economic data has hit the tape ahead of Wednesday s opening bell in addition to big names in the Retail sector continuing to report quarterly earnings results Retail Sales Productivity and Unit Labor Costs along with the latest Empire State Index join earnings results
As the U.S.-China trade war escalates, a growing number of analysts and organizations have increased warnings that further trade tensions could dent economic growth, consumer spending, and investment flows globally—all of which could curtail the world’s oil demand growth. Robust oil demand, geopolitical tensions,
U S stock index futures recorded solid gains ahead of market open on Tuesday as the Turkish lira staged a rebound After hitting an all time low and falling to 7 24 per dollar on Monday the Turkish lira finally rebounded rising more than 4 The Turkish lira had been under pressure that had
The rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran is becoming increasingly evident in the oil pricing policies of the two large Middle Eastern producers. The two countries are currently reigniting the market share and pricing war ahead of the returning U.S. sanctions on Iranian oil. Saudi Arabia, OPEC’s largest producer,
U S stock index futures wobbled ahead of market open on Monday as the Turkish lira continued to slide Last week s concerns over Turkey s economy continued to weigh on shares of major U S lenders leading to huge selloffs in global equity markets The Turkish lira fell as much as 20 at
U S stock index futures fell sharply lower on Friday as geopolitical conflicts between the United States and Russia as well as with Turkey dented investor s confidence Moreover prolonged trade war fears with China continue to dampen market sentiments On Aug 8 the U S government imposed
Understanding how to uniquely manage each client during periods of market volatility is a major issue for advisory firms. So, when you have the capability to predict each client’s reactions in advance of market movements, communication is straightforward, as you will understand their reactions to the mood of the
Would an economic metric that looks at GDP per employee be useful to guage the economy? What clues could it provide on the health of the economy? The St. Louis Fed posted in part: Some underlying long-term trends in the U.S. economy may blur our understanding of the current situation. Specifically,
U S stock index futures inched marginally higher on Thursday as robust second quarter 2018 earnings results lifted investor s confidence to step aside lingering trade conflict between the United States and China U S corporates have so far posted better than expected quarterly results After
The EIA just revised down its forecast for U.S. oil production growth for 2018, an acknowledgement that pipeline constraints are slowing output gains in the Permian basin. The EIA believes the U.S. will average 10.68 million barrels per day (mb/d) this year, down 0.11 mb/d from last month’s estimate. It also
U S stock index futures were lower on Wednesday as global trade war fears continue to dent investor confidence despite a robust second quarter 2018 earnings season On Aug 7 the U S Trade Representative s office published a list of 279 Chinese import product lines which will be subject of
Bitcoin was created in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis that wreaked havoc on the world economy, but it hasn’t quite had the chance to prove itself since. The fact is, stock markets have been doing well. Really well. Especially in the U.S. But now, some analysts are beginning to sound the alarms. U.S. Stock
U S stock index futures were higher on Tuesday buoyed by strong earnings which overshadowed trade war fears So far 410 S amp P 500 members have already reported their quarterly results Total earnings for these companies are up 24 9 from the same period last year on 10 1 higher
By Spin Off Insights BySpin Off Insights Introduction PayPal was built in the early days by a group of Silicon Valley icons Peter Thiel Max Levchin Elon Musk and Reid Hoffman among others collectively referred to as the PayPal Mafia After being part of eBay
By Spin Off Insights BySpin Off Insights Introduction PayPal PYPL was built in the early days by a group of Silicon Valley icons Peter Thiel Max Levchin Elon Musk and Reid Hoffman among others collectively referred to as the PayPal Mafia After