Ten Ways Affiliates Sabotage Themselves
If affiliate marketing is so lucrative, then why do so few ever turn a profit? Read on, and I'll tell you why.
1. They don't consistently study the craft. By treating affiliate marketing like a hobby instead of a business, they squander time and money, spinning their wheels as other marketers pass them by.
2. They are a jack of all trades and a master of none. It is amazing what a little focus can do for someone trying to succeed online. By establishing a clearly defined set of goals, 20% of affiliates consistently continue to earn 80% of the commission.
3. They don't write special reports. Free special reports with giveaway rights can be powerful pre-sellers for products that offer generous commission. They're also easy to create with free PDF software available online, and can make the difference between a profitable and unprofitable marketing campaign.
4. They either rely too much, or too little on Google Adwords. By figuring out how to utilize Adwords to develop recurring revenue streams, a small percentage of affiliates are using Adwords to earn more and more income online month after month, year after year. How can you use Google Adwords creatively to move your business forward?
5. They don't capture e-mail addresses. Everyone says that the money is in your list. Then start building your list baby! It's much easier than you think. I'll cover this in greater detail in future articles.
6. They don't cloak their links. Up to 80%, or more, of affiliate commission is stolen, depending upon the product. Thus, quality link cloaking software is a must-have for anyone truly serious about succeeding with affiliate marketing.
7. They don't utilize viral marketing. Did you know that you can get a lot farther by leveraging 1% of the effort of 100 people than by expending 100% of your own efforts?
Managing a successful viral marketing campaign is as simple as filling a need that people have and giving Web surfers a huge incentive to share it with others. (If you don't get anything else out of this article, make sure you jot this point down).
8. They don't help other Internet marketers to succeed. What's that, you say? You only care about your own success? Then how will you develop loyalty among your website visitors? How will you keep them coming back?
People need a reason to choose your website over everyone else's. Do you your best to serve your visitors and you will generate customers for life.
9. They rely on the efforts of sub-affiliates to earn their commission. If you are recruiting sub-affiliates, take the time to give them the tools to make some sales. If you do, they'll appreciate your efforts and keep coming back to you again and again.
10. They don't think outside of the box. Some of the best Internet marketing breakthroughs haven't yet come into existence.
Become a visionary. Change the face of the Internet. Don't become one of the masses!
Your success in Internet marketing is completely up to you. Every day is a fresh start, and there's nothing you can't accomplish. How soon will you be earning a six-figure income online?
**Attn Ezine editors/Site owners** Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine or on your site so long as you leave all links in place, do not modify the content and include our resource box as listed below.
Feel free to substitute your referral link in place of mine in the resource box. Thanks!
Wanna learn how to generate thousands of highly targeted visitors, absolutely free? => www.iwantchoices.com">http://www.iwantchoices.com
Monday markets in the Far East from Japan to Shanghai to Hong Kong to Australia were all down overnight spoiling the idea that a Friday resurgence in these markets was a new start of indexes ramping higher as Q3 earnings results here at home begin to command headlines Included among
The twenty-four-hour news cycle can sometimes lead to overreaction in the financial markets. We have become so used to markets that react violently to news that when something seemingly important comes along and a market barely reacts, it comes as a major surprise. That is why many people are scratching their heads
This content is made possible by our sponsor; the views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc. With unemployment levels at a low of 3.7% (a number it hasn't reached since December 1969) and the stock market soaring higher than
With the equities markets taking a beating this week, and many falling in line with Morgan Stanley’s cry of “regime change” and prognosis that we’ve reached the “tipping point” that puts us into bear territory, it’s unsettling when another billionaire broker chimes in with a theory that “enormous piles of cash” are
Crude oil is about to end this week with the first weekly loss in a while under the combined weight of various bearish factors, but some analysts still believe we could witness Brent at US$100 a barrel before the year’s end. Others are more guarded in their predictions, but one thing is certain: the current price
Keeping in mind the old adage idle hands do the devil s work and seeing as how no experts on Wall Street can conclusively explain the reason behind the titanic market sell off of the past couple days in the markets perhaps the real culprit is the lack of economic data to shore up
By Avi Gilburt, ElliottWaveTrader.net It seems the pundits have lost their way. The reasons for the market moves have now confounded most market participants and pundits to such an extent, and they are stretching so far to provide a reason for a market move, that we have moved from the ridiculous to the sublime.
After a decade-long bull run, Morgan Stanley now says it’s seeing signals that it might be time to ditch the growth stocks and hit up value again, with interest rate hikes potentially paving the way for end-of-cycle risks. It’s what Morgan Stanley calls a “tipping point” that “lays the groundwork for something of a
Oil industry titans are still not in agreement over what to expect from oil prices in the near future, with a wide array of guesses calling for both a spike in prices and a renewed downturn. At the Oil & Money Conference in London, this disagreement was on display . Ian Taylor of Vitol, an energy trader, said that
Another big drop hitting this morning s pre market indexes following one of the biggest sell offs in 8 months yesterday Both the Dow and Nasdaq hived off more than 3 on Wednesday while the Nasdaq fell 4 Usually these types of performances are direct reactions to cataclysmic events that
Shutterstock photo Days like yesterday are shocking for investors. The Dow fell over 800 points, representing a drop of over three percent, while the Nasdaq fared even worse on a percentage basis losing over four percent on the day. Those are scary numbers, and most people’s reaction is to immediately start
Natural gas prices have spiked over the last few weeks as U.S. inventories run low ahead of the peak winter heating season. Nymex natural gas prices have jumped nearly 15 percent over the past month, rising to roughly $3.30 per million Btu (MMBtu). The market has clearly grown a little concerned about adequate
Shutterstock photo Credit-analysis firm Moody’s Investors Service is sounding the alarm bells over “rising inequality” as the gap widens between America’s rich and poor, potentially threatening the country’s AAA rating. So much for that vision of a newly emboldened American working class … Instead, Trump’s
America s hurricane season is no joke a new Category 4 storm 160 Hurricane Michael is pointed toward the Florida panhandle and expected to make landfall this afternoon No fewer than 35 counties in the area have declared a state of emergency Should this storm strike with its current 145
Ahead of today s market open futures are once again down now for the fourth consecutive day going back to last week s historically strong employment numbers from Wednesday s ADP private sector payroll report to Thursday s jobless claims to Friday s federal government non farm payrolls