Ten Ways Affiliates Sabotage Themselves
If affiliate marketing is so lucrative, then why do so few ever turn a profit? Read on, and I'll tell you why.
1. They don't consistently study the craft. By treating affiliate marketing like a hobby instead of a business, they squander time and money, spinning their wheels as other marketers pass them by.
2. They are a jack of all trades and a master of none. It is amazing what a little focus can do for someone trying to succeed online. By establishing a clearly defined set of goals, 20% of affiliates consistently continue to earn 80% of the commission.
3. They don't write special reports. Free special reports with giveaway rights can be powerful pre-sellers for products that offer generous commission. They're also easy to create with free PDF software available online, and can make the difference between a profitable and unprofitable marketing campaign.
4. They either rely too much, or too little on Google Adwords. By figuring out how to utilize Adwords to develop recurring revenue streams, a small percentage of affiliates are using Adwords to earn more and more income online month after month, year after year. How can you use Google Adwords creatively to move your business forward?
5. They don't capture e-mail addresses. Everyone says that the money is in your list. Then start building your list baby! It's much easier than you think. I'll cover this in greater detail in future articles.
6. They don't cloak their links. Up to 80%, or more, of affiliate commission is stolen, depending upon the product. Thus, quality link cloaking software is a must-have for anyone truly serious about succeeding with affiliate marketing.
7. They don't utilize viral marketing. Did you know that you can get a lot farther by leveraging 1% of the effort of 100 people than by expending 100% of your own efforts?
Managing a successful viral marketing campaign is as simple as filling a need that people have and giving Web surfers a huge incentive to share it with others. (If you don't get anything else out of this article, make sure you jot this point down).
8. They don't help other Internet marketers to succeed. What's that, you say? You only care about your own success? Then how will you develop loyalty among your website visitors? How will you keep them coming back?
People need a reason to choose your website over everyone else's. Do you your best to serve your visitors and you will generate customers for life.
9. They rely on the efforts of sub-affiliates to earn their commission. If you are recruiting sub-affiliates, take the time to give them the tools to make some sales. If you do, they'll appreciate your efforts and keep coming back to you again and again.
10. They don't think outside of the box. Some of the best Internet marketing breakthroughs haven't yet come into existence.
Become a visionary. Change the face of the Internet. Don't become one of the masses!
Your success in Internet marketing is completely up to you. Every day is a fresh start, and there's nothing you can't accomplish. How soon will you be earning a six-figure income online?
**Attn Ezine editors/Site owners** Feel free to reprint this article in its entirety in your ezine or on your site so long as you leave all links in place, do not modify the content and include our resource box as listed below.
Feel free to substitute your referral link in place of mine in the resource box. Thanks!
Wanna learn how to generate thousands of highly targeted visitors, absolutely free? => www.iwantchoices.com">http://www.iwantchoices.com
iStock photo If the last couple of months has taught us anything, it is that, in the words of the Bard, one swallow doth not a summer make. There have been many days when stocks have opened significantly higher, bringing hope that we have turned the corner, only to plummet again the next day, or even later in
We see the other shoe drop this morning on one of the most important domestic inflation metrics there is the 160 Consumer Price Index CPI the flip side to the Producer Price Index PPI released yesterday before the opening bell The CPI for November was unchanged from the previous month
Twin economic reads from this morning and next are among the highest weighted indicators of U S economic inflation the 160 Producer Price Index PPI 160 released ahead of today s opening bell and tomorrow s Consumer Price Index CPI Both sets of figures arrive before next week s
Shutterstock photo After over thirty years in and around financial markets, I feel that I have seen most things. I am certainly no stranger to volatility, having spent nearly twenty of those years in interbank forex dealing rooms around the world. Even so, this year feels unusual. The two bouts of chaos in the
By Avi Gilburt, ElliottWaveTrader.net This past week was quite interesting, as well as volatile. On Monday, we had a huge gap up right into the initial resistance region we had on our charts in the 2810-15SPX region. In fact, the futures struck a high of 2813ES, and then turned down. Well, when the trading day
We start a new week of trading waking up to lower market closes across the Pacific with Asian indexes like the Nikkei in Japan 2 and Hong Kong 1 2 This came on the heels of big drops in Chinese imports and exports which fell precipitously from the month of October to November
US Census says manufacturing new orders declined in October. On the other hand, the Federal Reserve says Industrial Production subindex manufacturing improved in October - but the year-over-year rate of growth slowed. Part of the difference between US Census and the Federal Reserve's views on manufacturing:
Fresh economic data in the form of new 160 non farm payroll numbers 160 for November have been released this morning by the Bureau of Labor Statistics BLS and the results have swung pre market futures into the green This is interesting considering the headline number of 155K new jobs
If you have a set of specific set of skills, look no further than the Midwest for your next job. With lower unemployment and higher job-opening rates that the rest of the country, the Midwest now finds itself in a situation in which it significantly lacks skilled workers. Although the economy in nine Midwestern and
Over the last few days, there has been some talk about an ominous sounding technical chart pattern that has looked imminent for a while, and if the S&P 500 closes anywhere close to the levels indicated by futures this morning, will be achieved today. This thing is known as a “death cross,” which, admittedly, sounds
New private sector 160 ADP 160 ADP 160 payroll numbers 160 for November have come out this morning one day before non farm payroll results from the BLS government survey will be released and for the first time in recent memory these figures have come up a bit short of
The oil market is understandably in a state of suspense this week, eagerly fixated on the events unfolding in Vienna. But regardless of what happens, the market is in for a potentially rough ride as we head into 2019, with a series of economic headwinds threatening demand. The S&P 500 is set to peak, corporate
By Avi Gilburt, ElliottWaveTrader.net Recently, one of my members of Elliottwavetrader was in attendance at the 32 nd Economic Outlook Symposium hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. On the first day, he sat in a room with 150 economists. When asked how many see a recession in 2019, all of two hands
Shutterstock photo So you think you're having good times With the boy that you just met Kicking sand from beach to beach Your clothes are soaking wet But if you look around and see A shadow on the run (on the run) Don't be too upset because it's just a paper sun - Traffic, Paper Sun Paper Sun was the
As Wall Street keeps its doors closed today in remembrance of George H W Bush the U S s 41st president and father of George W Bush the 43rd Tributes abound as market activity ceases for the day including a planned speech by Fed Chair Jerome Powell this afternoon which has been cancelled