Affiliate Marketing - Ten Excellent Reasons Why You Should Do It
There are many opportunities to make money working on the Internet. Becoming an affiliate marketer is a great way of having your own online business. Here are ten excellent reasons why you should choose affiliate marketing for your home based business.
1. Be Your Own Boss - What a magical ring that phrase has to it! This is my absolute favourite reason for being an affiliate marketer. Actually, it is my top reason for having any home based business.
2. Low cost set-up - Most affiliate programmes are free to join, so all you need to start your business is an Internet-connected computer and word-processing software. You can work from absolutely anywhere in the world and it makes no difference whether you have a cosy office or work from a corner of your kitchen table.
3. No shipping costs - You don't need to worry about paying for postage or buying packing stuff such as boxes, wrapping paper, parcel tape, labels and so on. You never have to struggle with carrying heavy packages to the post office. The cost and bother of packing and shipping products to customers belongs to the merchant, not the affiliate.
4. Choice of thousands of products and services - All you have to do is decide what you want to sell (and, of course, what you think people will want to buy), just about everything is available online. With affiliate directories like Clickbank it's easy to find products to sell.
5. No merchant account or invoicing software required - You can forget the problems associated with invoicing, collecting payments and processing credit cards. The merchant handles all payment processing; as an affiliate, you never have to worry about chargebacks, fraud or losing your merchant account.
6. On sale everywhere - Your sales area has no geographic limits but you don't have to leave home. You can promote your web site worldwide, every Internet user in the whole world is potentially your customer (and you call this a small business!).
7. High income potential -With your own affiliate business your income level is limited only by your desire and effort - not by corporate salary scale structure or the whim of your boss.
8. No inventory to carry - You can sell any item, large or small without having to worry about storage space. You could sell trucks from a one-bedroom apartment! You don't have to the worry or expense of insuring stock or having extra security to protect it.
9. Low running costs - Apart from a modest budget for advertising and a small amount to pay for your internet connection, you have nothing much in the way of overheads. You work from home, so the big expense of renting premises is avoided and it is possible to get income tax reductions to cover some things such as part of your electricity and phone bills.
10.Always open for business - As an affiliate, your business keeps running and pulling in profits for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on Bank Holidays. You are open for business even while you are asleep. You don't have to worry about business hours or delivery deadlines, all that proceeds on autopilot. You don't have to worry about scheduling staff holidays: you don't even need any staff!
This is one of a series of articles published by
the author, Elaine Currie, BA(Hons) at
Subscribe to Online Profit newsletter by
100's of free tips and advice on working online
Data collection is no justification for increasing investor
Retail sales for December 2018 showed consumers backed away from the spending trough. Is this a precursor for things to come? Retail sales release for December was delayed due to the government shutdown. To understand graphically how bad the headline data was for retail sales, the graph below adjusts the
Import and Export Prices 160 for the month of January have been released ahead of this morning s opening bell with results much as we ve seen with recent economic metrics coming up short of estimates Import Prices month over month hit 0 5 lower than the 0 3 expected
Gold prices have been down ever since the precious metal hit all-time highs of nearly $1,900/oz eight years ago. That’s quite a long time, and a nice rally appears overdue. Well, one Wall Street punter thinks that time is just right to purchase the commodity. Bernstein says investors should look at gold and gold
Futures have swung to negative levels following three main economic metrics hitting the tape before Thursday s opening bell Happy Valentine s Day BTW everybody Perhaps early traders are still trying to digest what these figures mean and none are cataclysmic though all are worse
Adobe stock A new study has found that a horrifying 530,000 families turn to bankruptcy each year due to medical bills they can’t pay. In the end, it’s easier to declare bankruptcy than to allow oneself to drown in medical expenses. That’s how you know when a country is broken. According to researchers of a
The American political discourse has changed since the 2018 midterm election. Enthusiasm and passion were to be found on the left-wing of the Democratic Party. A new sense of hope and mission replaced the defeatism and cynicism seen in 2016. Some identified with democratic socialism, but in the political rhetoric the
Pre market futures are again trading up today as expectations continue to be favorable for two things that have yet to be officially resolved the U S China trade war where an increase on the current 10 tariffs on Chinese goods is scheduled to increase to 25 March 1st and a budget
Following an optimistic start to the year and the best January ever for oil prices, hedge funds and other money managers began the month of February more cautiously as fears about global economic growth outweighed (again) OPEC’s cuts and U.S. sanctions on Venezuela and Iran. In the latest reporting week to
Chinese President Xi Jinping hatched " Made in China 2025”, it didn’t go down well with many world leader, especially in Western economies. And now Germany has proposed an equally abrasive push. Germany’s economic affairs minister, Peter Altmaier, has launched an ambitious and somewhat controversial industrial
A tentative deal is reportedly being reached in the U S Congress whereby another partial government shutdown is expected to be avoided before the February 15 deadline This has helped spur market futures well into the green especially the blue chip Down Jones index which is currently up
With investors attention being drawn toward the end of this trading week including another possible U S government shutdown at the end of this week hopes of U S China trade negotiations making some progress before the March 1 deadline statements from Federal Reserve members and a Brexit
It’s no surprise one of the most common complaints about U.S. market structure is “too much
The December Consumer Credit shows consumer credit growth remains soft, and if one removes student loans - and adjusts for inflation - then the year-over-year growth is lower than GDP growth. Also this week there are two missed data sets because of the government shutdown were issued. Unadjusted Consumer
While we continue to monitor Q4 earnings season which is currently completing its heaviest week in terms of quantity so far we also see the ratcheting down of marquee names reporting this morning or even after the bell next week Notably this morning 160 Hasbro 160 HAS 160