It handles all end customer care issues.
10) A good program constantly tests new ideas to support and strengthen ties with affiliates and end customers alike.
Step #3 - "Own Product Affiliate Program"
Most people join an Affiliate Program on the strength and reliability of its compensation plan.
* Compensation Structure Planning :
- Who can join the program
Is it open to anyone or just selected, approved partners ?
- Downline matrix structure for Leveraged I'ncome
How deep is the matrix of downline earnings for Leveraged I'ncome ?
- Residual I'ncome Payments
Does the program pay Residual I'ncome, on repeat subscriptions for as long as the end customer renews ?
- Minimum Payment amounts, and deadlines.
Policy on payments, returns and deductions from Affiliate payments must be clear from the beginning.
- Affiliate monitoring of the program
Affiliates must be able to easily monitor referrals and earnings. Clear and accurate reports to Affiliates should be available online or sent by e-mail.
* Marketing Plans
Develop high quality graphical links that Affiliates can use on their own websites to point to your program. These include
- Web Templates and copy
- Banner Links
- Button Links
- Text Links
Write e-courses coaching your Affiliates on what works best in promoting your products and services.
Do not make the mistake of thinking that when they sign up the whole thing will run on autopilot.
* Legal Issues
Consult professional, qualified lawyers to help you draw up your program terms and conditions before you go to market. The upfront cost involved may save you greater expense in the future.
Step #4 - Resell and Master Rights Product Affiliate Programs
An Affiliate Program without your own products is possible, but use caution - it is less likely to be a huge earner, than one promoting your own stable of products.
Why would anyone join an Affiliate Program to promote a resell or master rights product, that they could buy and sell earning 100% of the profits ?
The answer is reduced effort, time and money.
An Affiliate Program for resell or master rights products saves the affiliate from having to buy, process, add value to and give customer service to the resell rights product.
It becomes an easy I'ncome stream that people may want to join.
The trick in this situation is to
- Spot a product with selling potential, that is relatively scarce and has not been over marketed.
- Create the Affiliate Program where the product owner has failed or is incapable of seeing the market opportunity.
Remember caution - Do not spend huge sums setting up this type of program because the "Return on Investment" is likely to be low.
Step #5 - Mini Joint Venture
JV partners bring "something with them, to the party" - This might be funding, a huge opt-in list, a product or service, or ideas.
Affiliate partners on the other hand, bring only their desire to promote your products and services.
However, the practical day to day administration of the two types of programs is very similar.
- You should coach affiliates and JV partners in the best way to market the products.
- You must listen to their issues and deal with them effectively and efficiently
- You must make sure they are happy with the program arrangements, in order that they promote it strongly and join up for future promotions.
JV's and Affiliate programs are different, but only in small details. Treat them with similar care.
Step #6 - Affiliate Program Automation
Quality tools are indispensable for Affiliate Program Automation
- Affiliate Scripts - These are commercially available scripts that allow you to set up programs of various complexity in terms of compensation plans, account management, and program administration.
- Administration Tools - These allow you to see in detail which Affiliates are performing and deserving of more of your effort, time and attention and which ones are not and can therefore be dropped from the program.
- Sequential Autoresponder - Use this to coach and train your Affiliates by sending them regular e-mail.
- VoIP Communicators - These allow you to hold Cheap Live training and support seminars where your Affiliates can virtually attend, see, hear and talk to one another from across the Globe without the need for expensive travel or phone costs.
- Payment Processor - This is the facility by which your Affiliate partners will be paid.
- Product Fulfillment - A successful program will generate many sales and the fulfillment process must be able to cater for the heavy workload.
- Customer Care - The extra sales means that you may need to handle higher levels of end customer issues including returns.
Step #7 - In a Nutshell
This may seem daunting at first reading, but in reality setting up an Affiliate Program is straightforward.
The blue print is :
- Decide on the product type you want to set a program up for.
- Decide on Affiliate entry and acceptance criteria
- Decide on the compensation plan
- Decide on the marketing plan
- Decide the legal structure
- Choose your automation tools
- Market the program
- Train and support your affiliates, especially your winners.
- Don't be afraid to test new ideas
Affiliate Program Setup Scripts
- TWSC Affiliate Lite! from www.twsc.biz" target="_new">http://www.twsc.biz
- Affiliate Scripts from www.affiliate-scripts.com/" target="_new">http://www.affiliate-scripts.com/
Affiliate Program Administration Tools
- AssocTrac from shmyl.com/sjm" target="_new">http://shmyl.com/sjm
- Getresponse from www.getresponse.com" target="_new">http://www.getresponse.com
- Aweber from www.aweber.com" target="_new">http://www.aweber.com
VoIP - Cheap Live Communicators
- shmyl.com/agz" target="_new">http://shmyl.com/agz
Wealth Creation Strategies - F'REE 10 part e-Course
- www.simplyeasier.com/wcs" target="_new">http://www.simplyeasier.com/wcs
Affiliate Programs - An example Promotion Template
- www.simplyeasier.com/client/simplyeasierprofits.html" target="_new">http://www.simplyeasier.com/client/simplyeasierprofits.html
(c) 2004 Charles Kangethe
About The Author
Charles Kangethe of www.simplyeasier.com" target="_new">http://www.simplyeasier.com is a leading new wave marketer and a published author from England. The "Simply Easier" brand name is your guarantee of high value, quality Marketing Products, Services and Resources.
iStock photo If the last couple of months has taught us anything, it is that, in the words of the Bard, one swallow doth not a summer make. There have been many days when stocks have opened significantly higher, bringing hope that we have turned the corner, only to plummet again the next day, or even later in
We see the other shoe drop this morning on one of the most important domestic inflation metrics there is the 160 Consumer Price Index CPI the flip side to the Producer Price Index PPI released yesterday before the opening bell The CPI for November was unchanged from the previous month
Twin economic reads from this morning and next are among the highest weighted indicators of U S economic inflation the 160 Producer Price Index PPI 160 released ahead of today s opening bell and tomorrow s Consumer Price Index CPI Both sets of figures arrive before next week s
Shutterstock photo After over thirty years in and around financial markets, I feel that I have seen most things. I am certainly no stranger to volatility, having spent nearly twenty of those years in interbank forex dealing rooms around the world. Even so, this year feels unusual. The two bouts of chaos in the
By Avi Gilburt, ElliottWaveTrader.net This past week was quite interesting, as well as volatile. On Monday, we had a huge gap up right into the initial resistance region we had on our charts in the 2810-15SPX region. In fact, the futures struck a high of 2813ES, and then turned down. Well, when the trading day
We start a new week of trading waking up to lower market closes across the Pacific with Asian indexes like the Nikkei in Japan 2 and Hong Kong 1 2 This came on the heels of big drops in Chinese imports and exports which fell precipitously from the month of October to November
US Census says manufacturing new orders declined in October. On the other hand, the Federal Reserve says Industrial Production subindex manufacturing improved in October - but the year-over-year rate of growth slowed. Part of the difference between US Census and the Federal Reserve's views on manufacturing:
Fresh economic data in the form of new 160 non farm payroll numbers 160 for November have been released this morning by the Bureau of Labor Statistics BLS and the results have swung pre market futures into the green This is interesting considering the headline number of 155K new jobs
If you have a set of specific set of skills, look no further than the Midwest for your next job. With lower unemployment and higher job-opening rates that the rest of the country, the Midwest now finds itself in a situation in which it significantly lacks skilled workers. Although the economy in nine Midwestern and
Over the last few days, there has been some talk about an ominous sounding technical chart pattern that has looked imminent for a while, and if the S&P 500 closes anywhere close to the levels indicated by futures this morning, will be achieved today. This thing is known as a “death cross,” which, admittedly, sounds
New private sector 160 ADP 160 ADP 160 payroll numbers 160 for November have come out this morning one day before non farm payroll results from the BLS government survey will be released and for the first time in recent memory these figures have come up a bit short of
The oil market is understandably in a state of suspense this week, eagerly fixated on the events unfolding in Vienna. But regardless of what happens, the market is in for a potentially rough ride as we head into 2019, with a series of economic headwinds threatening demand. The S&P 500 is set to peak, corporate
By Avi Gilburt, ElliottWaveTrader.net Recently, one of my members of Elliottwavetrader was in attendance at the 32 nd Economic Outlook Symposium hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. On the first day, he sat in a room with 150 economists. When asked how many see a recession in 2019, all of two hands
Shutterstock photo So you think you're having good times With the boy that you just met Kicking sand from beach to beach Your clothes are soaking wet But if you look around and see A shadow on the run (on the run) Don't be too upset because it's just a paper sun - Traffic, Paper Sun Paper Sun was the
As Wall Street keeps its doors closed today in remembrance of George H W Bush the U S s 41st president and father of George W Bush the 43rd Tributes abound as market activity ceases for the day including a planned speech by Fed Chair Jerome Powell this afternoon which has been cancelled