Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
Back when mergers amp acquisitions M amp A activity was at its peak in the U S market the term Merger Monday became routinely employed by analysts as if the bringing together of major corporations was a routine calendar occurrence Since the cooling off of M amp A activity
Has the proverbial “shift of power” — a.k.a. portfolio rebalancing — begun within the equity markets? More importantly, what should value-hunting investors do about it? On Friday, driven by a sharp rise in industrial stocks, the Dow Jones Industrial Average logged its second straight all-time high. The blue chip
With basically a week left in calendar Q3 2018 and a precious two days of summer left we are seeing a commanding performance from stock market bulls pushing to all time record highs on both the Dow 30 and S amp P 500 indexes This having come without a plethora of economic data for analysts
Yesterday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average caught up with the other major indices when it traded and closed at all-time high levels. The S&P did that a month ago, followed by the Nasdaq a week or so later. Both of those benchmarks are at or close to their highs again now after a short period of consolidation. I am
It’s about that time again. WTI hits $70 per barrel and the tweet-rage is back. OPEC does have a meeting in the coming days in Algiers to assess the state of the oil market, and decide on next steps. But one of the largest near-term challenges for OPEC is balancing the oil market in the wake of lost
It’s time to cut and run on U.S. equities, and—though the prevailing currency crises might not seem like a good place to park your cash—the bank says it’s time to shift some of that money over to emerging markets. Why? Because Trump’s tax cuts aren’t going to be doling out much more love and the U.S. is poised to
By Avi Gilburt, ElliottWaveTrader.net In this article, I am going to do something a little different from my usual articles and start with my perspective on market direction, and then move into the issues I see in the market today. I have long believed that we can see the 3000+ region before we get that 30%
I continue to be amazed at many analysts who are shoveling opinion masquerading as fact on the impact of a trade war between China and the U.S. Many analysts are discussing impacts like: how $200 billion of duties on both China and U.S. would affect the U.S. exporters more because the U.S. imports 4 times
Truly remarkable these Initial Jobless Claims Week after week we see a further melting of the American populace in need of a payout while seeking a new job During the digging out from the Great Recession a hotly anticipated sub 300K jobless claims headline was sought for getting traction in
Do you remember when the yield on the 10-Year Treasury Note was a big deal? I suspect that you will, as it was only four months ago. Back in May, when the benchmark 10-Year was approaching a three percent yield it was seen as highly significant, with predictions of doom commonplace. Most notable among them was the
OPEC members and their Russia-led non-OPEC allies have yet to decide how to share the 1 million bpd production boost they pledged in June. when they saw the market started to tighten too quickly which pushed oil prices to $80 a barrel—potentially ringing in the beginning of demand destruction. At a meeting this
Ahead of Wall Street s opening bell this morning new economic data crosses the tape These findings will be of particular importance to Fed members who reconvene next week to decide on new interest rate policy The smart money all year has been on another interest rate hike in the month
The current market can be mystifying at times. It seems that every move, both up and down is massively exaggerated, but if you understand one simple thing, it all makes sense. “Value” in the traditional sense of the multiple of a company’s earnings is now as good as irrelevant: Growth is the only thing that counts.
So President Trump has taken his next move on the trade board with Chinese imports an additional 10 tariff is set to hit 200 billion of Chinese goods coming into the U S starting Monday This follows the initial 50 billion in goods from China that have been taxed already in hopes Trump
The shale industry has hit a bit of a rough patch, with pipeline bottlenecks, cost inflation and a crowded field contributing to a drilling and production slowdown. But many in the industry are confident that the lull will be temporary. There are several strategies that shale companies are starting to pursue, such