Top 5 Tips For Frustrated Affiliate Program Marketers
Do you go through affiliate programs like most people go through pairs of socks? Many Internet marketers do. In fact, 97% of all Internet marketers never make a single cent advertising opportunities on the Internet. They jump from one opportunity to the next and never see results. If you want to break free from this cycle of failure-- if you want to earn a living off of your Internet ventures--continue reading. I will tell you exactly how you can earn money from any legitimate affiliate program.
In order to get the most information from what I am about to explain to you, you must accept that these methods are not intended to be "secrets." These are scientifically-proven, best-practice methods that all top marketers use. If you want results, you will have to do and continue to do the following five things:
1. Know your product. Do not advertise for a product or affiliate program that you are not currently using. I cannot even count the amount of affiliate programs and product offers I have rejected immediately from people who know very little about what they are actually promoting. If you want to make money selling a product or service, you have to use it, understand it, and be able to convince your prospects that they should own it. If you yourself do not believe in it-- because you have not even tried it--then you will have a hard time convincing anyone else it is worthwhile.
2. Know your field. You must continually become more knowledgeable about the market in which you are selling your product or service. For instance, I try to read at least 50 pages on Internet marketing each day to complement the marketing I do. This keeps me learning about my field. The best part about this is that you can do it without spending any money at all. The Internet is loaded with free content sites where you can find free ebooks and special reports on any subject. The Internet is also loaded with affiliate program promoters who are out-selling you. Use google to find these sites and then reverse engineer them--pick apart the source code, page setup, and content layout to find out how you can become more like your competition who is outselling you.
3. Focus your efforts and limit your innovation. As much as "limiting your innovation" may go against your business instincts, it is an absolute must with a limited marketing budget. Figure out what works for you scientifically by measuring your advertising results. When you find something that works, stick with it. If you are getting traffic from reciprocal links, continue to build them. If you are getting constant sign-ups from your newsletter, improve your newsletter and order more leads. Do not stray far from your original plan. Preset the amount of innovative ideas you want to try out each night, but center your marketing efforts around getting better results from methods that have already worked for you.
4. Spend money wisely. The Internet is loaded with scams and bad information. It is really easy to be tricked into blowing money on "get rich quick" schemes and information that you can find in free resources. I personally have spent thousands of dollars needlessly. But do not get me wrong; I am not saying there are no legitimate affiliate promotion services or information products out there: I am saying that the vast majority of them do not work as well as they say they do. So hold onto your cash. When you find a product that multiple people have personally recommended to you, then consider buying it. Otherwise, conserve your cash for purchasing services or products that will produce hard, definite results, such as email leads for your newsletter or phone leads you can contact personally to promote your program.
5. Remember that your success is dependent on your choices and your work alone. If you get upset about not becoming successful with a specific affiliate program, do not blame the program--blame yourself. Do a thorough analysis of what you could be doing better and how you could be making quantitative progress every single day. There are people who do not pay any money at all for promotional services and yet are still able to make a living just from using free tools on the Internet. If they can do it, there is no reason at all why you cannot. Joining a marketing group or forum in your field will help you realize this reality. Seeing and talking to people who are succeeding in your field will remind you that it is entirely possible to make money online without having a million dollars to begin with.
While there are some "secrets" to getting more sign-ups and site visitors, the bigger part of affiliate program marketing is following a sound business plan. If you keep the five concepts I have listed above central to your marketing campaign, you will not fail. But, if you continue to market sporadically--switching from product to product and method to method--you will never break out of that 97% who never make money.
Copyright 2004 Isaiah Hull
About The Author
Isaiah Hull publishes Home Business Tips, a fresh and informative newsletter that focuses on building successful internet businesses and promoting affiliate programs. Stop by www.workathomerightnow.net" target="_new">http://www.workathomerightnow.net or send a blank email to mailto:workathomerightnow.com to receive a year's subscription for free.
Housing Starts and Building Permits for June metrics that are essential for tracking overall domestic economic growth came in mixed this morning The headline read for new 160 Housing Starts 160 reached 1 253 million seasonally adjusted annualized units higher than the 1 244
Retail Sales 160 in June performed much better than expected with results posted ahead of today s opening bell 0 4 on the headline above the 0 1 expected Stripping out auto sales this number stays 0 4 and ex autos amp gas it balloons up to 0 7 The control number was also 0
The opening salvo on busy season for Q2 earnings reports was supplied by 160 Citigroup 160 C which outperformed expectations on both top and bottom lines during today s pre market hours Earnings of 1 95 per share easily beat the 1 80 expected and the 1 62 in the year ago
Overview: The new record highs in US equities ahead of the weekend coupled with Chinese data that suggested the economy was gaining some traction as Q2 wound down is helping underpin risk appetites to start the week. Japanese markets were closed today, but equities were mostly firmer in the Asia Pacific regions,
For months, our interpretation of JOLTS (BLS Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey) has been that employment growth will be slowing. JOLTS again this past week continues to reaffirm the slowing growth forecasts. The graph below shows the general correlation between nonfarm payrolls (red line) and JOLTS (blue
Following a fresh read on June s Consumer Price Index CPI yesterday morning today we see the other side of the coin 160 Producer Price Index PPI also for June and it also came out slightly ahead of expectations 0 1 growth on the headline compared with 0 1 expected and in
Earnings season is just beginning as companies release their results for Q2 2019, and that will come as a relief for many market watchers. After a few months of trying to read the minds of the Fed and following the Presidential Twitter feed, it will be nice to get back to more mundane, measurable things like
Yesterday following a 100 likelihood in the Federal Reserve deciding to cut interest rates at the end of this month Fed Chair Jay Powell did nothing to dispel this notion In fact to the extent there is a debate at all on this subject it s whether the Fed will decide to cut by 25 basis
In 160 today s pre market we look forward to a public speech by Federal Reserve Chair Jay Powell Discussions will include most prominently whether or not the interest rate cut baked into the stock market currently at a 100 chance is warranted or if there if some idea the Fed Chair
In another day of the pre market without any major economic data we look forward to tomorrow s testimony from Fed Chair Jay Powell on the state of the U S economy Three Fed members Bullard Quarles and Bostic will also be making speeches later today PepsiCo 160 PEP 160 got an
The Turkish president is getting desperate. Not only does he have a rival for the first time in many years after his party lost elections in Istanbul, but the Central Bank has been trying to operate independently, as it should--but Erdogan isn’t having that. On Saturday, Erdogan fired the country’s central bank
Normally, in a week that includes Congressional testimony by that Fed chair, the event would be all-consuming for market watchers and participants, and the focus would be entirely on any hints regarding policy. America, however, gave up on “normal” on January 20, 2017, so while Jay Powell’s appearance on the hill
Following a better than expected jobs number from the Bureau of Labor Statistics BLS on Friday when many traders were extending their Independence Day holidays futures are down in today s pre market likely the result of delayed trading reaction to the BLS survey The reason for this
Marshall Gittler, Investment Strategy Consultant, BDSwiss.group The other day I wrote an article here about the appointment of Christine Lagarde as the new ECB President. I concluded that her appointment “ should be seen as a small negative for the price of the euro, but a positive for its long-term future.”
A strong U.S. economy and monetary easing from the Fed — is that too much to ask? That’s precisely what investors demand. But will the Fed oblige ? Should they? If gauging by the fed funds futures market, traders are betting on a 93% chance that the Fed will cut interest rates by a quarter-point when it meets